macOS Catalina gives you more of everything you love about Mac. Experience music, TV, and podcasts in three all-new Mac apps. Enjoy your favorite iPad apps now on your Mac. Extend your workspace and expand your creativity with iPad and Apple Pencil. And discover smart new features in the apps you use every day. Now you can take everything you do above and beyond.
Oct 08, 2019 Now that iTunes is no longer in macOS Catalina, iPhone and iPad device management on the Mac has a new home: Finder. Once you get used to heading to Finder to sync.
Mar 25, 2020 In macOS Catalina, Apple replaced the iTunes app with three new apps, Music, Apple Podcasts, and Apple TV. If you still use iTunes on your Mac to sync your iPhone and iPad, don't worry. Feb 22, 2018 Western Digital WD My Cloud Personal Cloud Storage In-Depth Review - 2TB 3TB WDBCTL0020HWT-NESN - Duration. How to Connect WD My Cloud to Mac - Duration: 1:59. 2techme 12,584 views. . All sync engine changes from Windows version up to 10.2.2. User Interface changes will continue in future versions, with declared goal of making it really close to GoodSync Windows ver 10. Version 5.7.0 - Nov 30, 2016. Extend GS Mac Ver 5 Beta period for New File Systems to Dec 15, 2016. Still supports Mac OSX ver 10.6.
If you're using one of these computers with OS X Mavericks or later,* you can install macOS Catalina. Your Mac also needs at least 4GB of memory and 12.5GB of available storage space, or up to 18.5GB of storage space when upgrading from OS X Yosemite or earlier.
MacBook introduced in 2015 or later
MacBook Air introduced in 2012 or later
MacBook Pro introduced in 2012 or later
Mac mini introduced in 2012 or later
iMac introduced in 2012 or later
iMac Pro (all models)
Mac Pro introduced in 2013 or later
Free dtp software for mac os x. Free desktop publishing software free download - Desktop Publisher Pro, Parallels Desktop for Mac, Microsoft Remote Desktop, and many more programs. Publish PDF flip books with Mac OS X to the. The Best Free Desktop Publishing Software app downloads for Mac: Desktop Publisher Pro Designer Pro Apparel Edition Easy Cut Studio Quite Imposing Qua.
* To upgrade from Lion or Mountain Lion, first upgrade to El Capitan, then upgrade to Catalina. To find your macOS version, Mac model, memory, and storage space, choose About This Mac from the Apple menu . If your Mac isn't compatible with macOS Catalina, the installer will let you know. View the complete list of compatible computers.
Make a backup
Before installing any upgrade, it’s a good idea to back up your Mac. Time Machine makes it simple, and other backup methods are also available. Learn how to back up your Mac.
It takes time to download and install macOS, so make sure that you have a reliable Internet connection. If you're using a Mac notebook computer, plug it into AC power.
Download macOS Catalina
If you're using macOS Mojave, get macOS Catalina via Software Update: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Software Update.
Or use this link to open the macOS Catalina page on the App Store: Get macOS Catalina. Then click the Get button or iCloud download icon.
After downloading, the installer opens automatically.
Click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions. You might find it easiest to begin installation in the evening so that it can complete overnight, if needed.
If the installer asks for permission to install a helper tool, enter the administrator name and password that you use to log in to your Mac, then click Add Helper.
Allow installation to complete
Please allow installation to complete without putting your Mac to sleep or closing its lid. Your Mac might restart, show a progress bar, or show a blank screen several times as it installs both macOS and related updates to your Mac firmware.
Stay up to date
After installing macOS Catalina, you will be notified when updates to macOS Catalina are available. You can also use Software Update to check for updates: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Software Update.
Or get macOS Catalina automatically
If you're using OS X El Capitan v10.11.5 or later and your App Store preferences or Software Update preferences are set to download new updates when available, macOS Catalina will download conveniently in the background, making it even easier to upgrade. A notification will inform you when macOS Catalina is ready to be installed. Click Install to get started, or dismiss the notification to install later. When you're ready to install, just open the file named Install macOS Catalina from your Applications folder.
- If the installer shows a list of apps that are not optimized for your Mac, learn about 32-bit app compatibility, then choose whether to proceed with the installation.
- For the strongest security and latest features, upgrade to macOS Catalina. If you have hardware or software that isn't compatible with Catalina, you might be able to install an earlier macOS, such as Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, or El Capitan.
- You can also use macOS Recovery to reinstall macOS.
Back then, syncing Macs with iPhones was such an easy feat. As long as you have a properly working Mac, an iPhone, and a Lightning cable, then there’d be no problem. Use the cable to connect your iPhone to your Mac, launch the iTunes app, and the syncing process will commence. Google update 2019 for mac os x 10.7.5ker mac os x 10 7 5. But let’s face it. That was years ago, before Catalina was introduced. Today, many Apple users have reported that Catalina and iPhone are having syncing issues.
Hello, MacOS Catalina!
Officially released to the public last October 7, 2019, macOS Catalina is the sixteenth major release of Apple’s desktop operating system. It follows Mojave, which was launched in 2018. Catalina is the first ever macOS version that supports 64-bit applications.
Catalina works on all Macs that support Mojave, except for the 2010 – 2012 Mac Pros. Here is a complete list of Mac models that support Catalina:
- iMac (Late 2012 or later)
- iMac Pro (All models)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013 or later)
- Mac Mini (Late 2012 or later)
- MacBook (Early 2015 or later)
- MacBook Air (Mid-2012 or later)
- MacBook Pro (Mid-2012 or later)
What Is Wd Sync
With the release of Catalina, a number of changes have been introduced. Some apps have been revamped. New features have been introduced. Also, a beloved app has finally bid goodbye: iTunes.
During the official launch of Catalina, Apple confirmed the news about the demise of iTunes. However, the death of this app has given birth to a powerful trio of media apps: Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, and Apple TV.
Yes, we’ve all grown to love iTunes despite it being problematic and slow at times. But without it, does it mean that we’ll all be having syncing problems between Catalina and iPhones?
Well, that isn’t really much of a problem. In fact, Apple recognizes the fact that sync issues between macOS Catalina and iPhones exist. Although they’re still working on solutions and possible workarounds, we’re excited to show you how to sync Catalina with iPhones. But before that, let’s first discuss the problems.
iPhone Not Syncing with Catalina Problems
Since the release of Catalina, many iPhone users reportedly experienced issues. Here are some of them:
- The Automatically sync when iPhone is connected option gets enabled in Catalina, causing iPhones to automatically start syncing once connected.
- The syncing process takes more than an hour to complete, and there is no way to interrupt it.
- There are no obvious improvements and progress during the sync process. Worse, there is no way to know what is happening.
- There is no way to sync ringtones. Although some users suggest to drag and drop ringtones to the iPhone from a Mac, it is obvious that they don’t have complete control over the process.
- Playlists are randomized.
- After the syncing process, the Space scale does not show the amount of available space.
- Every playlist folder comes with a subfolder of the same name and with the same content. As a result, users end up having hundreds of playlists, each having the same songs.
- After hitting the Sync in Finder button, the process takes several minutes to complete. The ideal time should only take seconds.
- Duplicates of the Playlist folders are created in the Music app of iPhones.
- It is not possible to manage the Playlist folder.
- On MacBook Pros, the sync process leads to the creation of a closed loop where all playlists are copied from one device to another and every device ends up having more and more playlists.
- The sync process removed all the playlists from iPhones and added them to a Mac’s Music library.
- The Finder app does not recognize the iPhone.
5 Ways to Resolve Sync Problems with Catalina & iPhones
Even if iTunes has been eliminated from the latest macOS version, there are still ways to sync your iPhone with Catalina. We’ve listed them below:
1. Restart Your Mac and Your iPhone.
The first thing you need to do if your iPhone does not sync with Catalina is to restart your Mac. Oftentimes, a quick restart is all your computer needs to fix issues.
The same applies to your iPhone. It is likely that there are lots of active apps and processes that are keeping your iPhone from syncing with your Mac. Restarting it can sometimes resolve the problem.
2. Enable the Sidebar Option.
The Finder app is a handy app for organizing your media, folders, documents, and other files. It includes the Finder menu bar, the windows and icons on your Mac, and the iCloud drive. It was given such a name because it literally helps users find and organize files.
It’s the first app that you see the moment your Mac completes the startup process. It opens right away and stays active as you use other apps.
To use this app to sync Catalina with an iPhone or vice versa, follow these instructions:
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to your Mac using a Lightning cable.
- Tap the Trust button on your iPhone and input your passcode.
- On your Mac, open the Finder app and go to Preferences.
- Navigate to the Sidebar tab.
- Click Show these items in the sidebar.
- Make sure that the iOS Devices option is enabled.
- Now, enable the Sidebar This way, Catalina can detect whether or not your iOS device is connected.
- Next, navigate to the General tab.
- Disable the Open folder in tabs instead of windows You’ll know you’ve done it right when you click on your connected iPhone and a new Finder window opens.
3. Delete the Preference List File.
For this tip, we will still use the Finder app. However, the aim is to delete the Preference List file. Here’s how:
- Open the Finder app.
- Navigate to Go -> Go to Folder.
- Input /~Library/Preferences into the text field.
- Hit Enter.
- Find the file named apple.finder.plist and drag it to the Trash bin.
- Finally, restart the Finder app and check if you can connect your iPhone to your Mac without problems.
4. Use Finder’s Relaunch Feature.
If you’ve reached this point but you still cannot access or sync your iPhone, we suggest using Finder’s Relaunch feature. Here’s how:
- Disconnect your iPhone from your Mac.
- Restart the Finder app by pressing the Option key and right-clicking on the Finder Select Relaunch.
- Use your Lightning cable to connect your iPhone again.
- Check if the Finder app can now detect your iPhone.
5. Clean Your Mac.
It is also possible that junk and unnecessary files have accumulated on your Mac. While some cause problems and issues, others keep processes like syncing from completing.
Wd Sync For Mac Catalina Drive
To get rid of junk files, you have two options: manual and automated. The manual method is quite time-consuming and risky as you have to go through each folder and delete suspicious and unwanted files. The automated method, on the other hand, is fast and easy. All you need to do is install an app and let it do the job.
One highly recommended app for this job is Outbyte MacRepair. Have it installed on your Mac, run a quick scan, and let it find all space hoggers on your Mac that are causing problems.
Wd Sync Mac
Just because your iPhone is not syncing with Catalina doesn’t mean you should hate the OS forever. As with other new operating systems, errors and problems like this are normal. Let’s just be thankful that Apple is working on some workarounds.
Now, if you are still experiencing issues with syncing your iPhone with Catalina, you may seek help from Apple Support. Chat with them directly and ask for a detailed guide or instructions on how to resolve the problem.
Do you know other ways to resolve the syncing problem with Catalina and iPhones? We’d love to know. Comment on them below!