VLC Media Player (formerly VideoLAN Client) is a highly portable free multimedia player for various audio and video formats, including MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, MP3, and OGG, as well as for DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It also can be used as a server for unicast or multicast streams in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network. With a new audio core, hardware decoding.
- Devices and Mac OS X version. VLC media player requires Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later. It runs on any 64bit Intel-based Mac. Previous devices are supported by older releases.
- VLC is free, open-source and runs on just about any type of computer you can imagine, and you already know what that means. It's never going to be the slickest Mac app in the world.
1. Prepare A Drive If Your Mac Doesn't Have One
The 13-inch non-Retina MacBook Pro is the last Mac with a built-in CD/DVD drive. If your Mac computer has no internal optical drive, use an external optical drive such as Apple USB SuperDrive priced at $79. Check our list of best external DVD/CD drive for Mac.
Tips: Mac has a Remote Disc feature, making it possible to share discs from the drive of another Mac, or from a Windows computer with DVD sharing setup installed. Here's the guide to sharing discs from another computer and play DVDs on macOS Mojave - Big Sur based MacBook Air/Pro/iMac without DVD drives.
Another way to go is to make your DVDs digital. You need a program to rip DVDs to MP4, MOV, M4V, hard drive, USB drive etc. on Mac, and a DVD drive is also needed for the job. Once it's done, you can view DVDs on Mojave - Big Sur anytime and anywhere without a DVD drive.
2. Insert a DVD
Insert the DVD disc you want to play into the internal drive or optical drive connected to Mac. If you are using Apple USB SuperDrive, according to Apple support, it only accepts 120-mm round DVD discs.
3. Now, you get your DVD to play on Mojave - Big Sur
The 64-bit DVD player for macOS Mojave - Big Sur will recognize the disc quickly and start playing the disc. To make the disc play automatically when the app opens, go to DVD Player > Preferences > Player and choose Start Playing disc next to When DVD Player opens.
* Some DVDs have several chapters, you can select the one you'd like to watch. To do so, click Go > Chapter and pick the chapter from the menu to view.
* About DVD region code - Most of the DVDs sold on Amazon.com are encoded for Region 1 or Region A. to play a region-locked DVD on macOS Mojave - Big Sur, the region code should be the same as that of the DVD drive. After inserting the DVD disc, in DVD Player, click File > Get Disc Info > Regions, and you'll see the DVD region. If you are asked to change the DVD region, select a region that matches the DVD region. Note that you can only set the region code for DVD drive five times. So some users choose to remove the region code from DVDs using DVD decrypter software.
* DVD Player app won't recognize a disc. Some users said the DVD they insert kept getting ejected. Why won't the Mac read a DVD? It may be a sign of a dusty DVD drive, try cleaning the lens of the drive. If the problem still exists, try another quick fix - a PRAM reset.
* DVD won't eject on Mojave - Big Sur.' I tried to eject the disc but it is locked, and I can't unlock it. What to do now?' Make sure you are using the right way to eject a DVD from the desktop or from a Finder window.
For users who have issues that DVD won't play on macOS Mojave - Big Sur, for example, the 64-bit DVD player quits unexpectedly, the disc is not available, DVD playing freezes, please read our complete solutions to DVD not playing on Mac.
What You Can't Play using DVD Player on macOS Mojave - Big Sur
*The 64-bit DVD Player app doesn't play encrypted video folders and ISO images from DVD discs.
* Blu-ray discs and content burned onto some DVD-RW discs are not accepted either.
* The DVD Player app on macOS Mojave - Big Sur is prevented from mirroring because of copyright.
Get rid of daily confusion comes in the macOS user’s mind, how to play MKV file on Mac or Which are the best MKV players for macOS Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, macOS Sierra, Mac OS EI Capitan, Yosemite or Mavericks. As we know, MKV is the most favorite and perfect for watching the video in HD resolution. Also, open-source MKV standard video format available on the internet from the most prominent online websites. Also, Apple released HD resolution screen 4K and 5K iMac screen in the last two years. So don’t miss to enjoy rich media experience using the best MKV players for Mac OS X.
General Questions from Users are,
Mac os x lion bootable vmdk virtualbox download. we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Jun 25, 2020 If you want to make use of your Mac's Thunderbolt port, then this is the best external hard drive for Macs. It provides twice the speeds of standard USB 3.0 drives. Sep 06, 2019 In this article, we’ve given detailed instructions for each method. So, it doesn’t matter if you want a clean slate on a second-hand MacBook or if you replaced the drive in your age-old machine, we’ve got you covered.Simply follow the instructions below to install the latest compatible version of macOS or OS X on your new hard drive. Jul 02, 2020 Choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) for any disk that you plan to use as a Time Machine backup disk or as a bootable installer. Will you be using the disk with another Mac? If the other Mac isn't using macOS High Sierra or later, choose Mac OS. Jan 04, 2012 The videos below demonstrate the complete process of formatting an external hard drive for full Mac OS X compatibility, this uses the new Disk Utility in modern versions of Mac OS X: Similarly, you can perform the same type of process in Mac OS X for making a USB flash drive compatible with Mac OS using the Disk Utility in Mac OS X, as you can. Prepare hard drive for mac os x 10 11.
- Can VLC play?MKV file on Mac?
- Best MKV extension for macOS X
- Can’t able to play.MKV file on my iMac, MacBook Pro or Air.
Best media players are playing MKV (Matroska), MOV (QuickTime), AVI, MP4, FLV (Flash video), and other supported video formats.
Get More: Top MKV Players to watch Videos on iPad
After installing any of the MKV media players from the below list, you can open MKV video by right click on it > Open With > Choose installed Software.
Download guide: For all players, you should find the .dmg setup file, “Not .exe” from a given download source page for each media player.
Note: are you running the old version of a software, please try to update it for new features for HD video play. Otherwise, delete the app and re-install Software on your System.
Top 6 Best MKV video players for MacBook Pro, MBA, Apple iMac
1. VLC – Best MKV Player for Mac
VLC for macOS X available free for use on any Mac devices. Because it is open source so we can use it for personal and professional business use. This player is supporting most of the video file format, without lost picture quality on any screen resolution. Get the latest version of VLC player right now on your Mac using below download link,
Video LAN, New options for stream video channel into the VLC media player.
Vlc Media Player For Mac Os Mojave Mac
- Get VLC Software at here: Download VLC for Mac
- You might like this: Keep media file & Folders safe with Password protect Software.
2. Eltima – Best Video Player for Mac
Eltima Pro or free is one of the best players for Mac users. That’s compatible with most of the macOS version. Eltime player for Mac is not only for play.MKV file but also able to FLV, RM, and RV, XAP, SWF, MP4, AVI, WMV.
Vlc For Mac Os
- For Batter quality and visualization adjust video color, Saturation, Brightness
- Choose audio language & Subtitle.
- The fit image in full screen
- Access favorite video channel to Eltima player: Vimeo, YouTube, Dailymotion
- Remotely control video using the armband. Also, learn how it works.
- Airplay mirroring (Airplay Supported Device – iOS & Mac)
- Flip, Rotate, revert video
Eltima available in Pro version added full features that are enjoyable while we watch movies or videos.
3. Perian: Best MKV Video Player for Mac
QuickTime doesn’t support MKV or any other media file to pay for it. Perian help to extend the ability to play the same data in QuickTime. After install on your Mac, Perian works like QuickTime extension.
- Download Perian for Mac and supported file formats.
- After successfully download and install, Play MKV file in QuickTime.
4. Plex – Best Media Player for Mac
Plex media server install on your Mac or iPad where you want to play the video file. Plex server connects any device and screen size depends on screen resolutions. So, the same video, TV shows, or movies we can browse on Apple TV, Mac, iPad, and other cross-platform devices.
So we can share with our family or friends so that they can see the same video at home or office. The Plex Pro features include access offline, Parental control, Support for all file format, Media Optimizer, Save online video to flex server for watching later, Cloud Sync, Direct camera upload to flex server, Access online channels.
5. MXPlayer: Best MKV Video Player for Mac
MXPlayer is a pro like a free (Spent just $1.99) tool for Mac, compatible with most of the OS X version (10.6 or later). Pro tools come up with all the features like Support most of the all file format, Stream video from online video channel, Simple connect, play, and Stream to your device or home theater. Also, other display settings and Volume equalizer customization.
6. Divx: Best MKV Video Player for Apple Mac
Enjoy one more in the list of top Best MKV players for Mac OS X, equipped to play 4k video on Windows and Mac. Supported file formats are MKV, HEVC, DivX.
- Set custom frame rate
- Ad-free, Cloud Connect
- Play video directly from chrome cast
- Built-in converter, Set logo, Crop video border, Take snapshots
More info and Download Divx.
Premium Support is Free Now
We are happy to help you! Follow the next Step if Your Solution is not in this article, Submit this form without Sign Up, We will revert back to you via Personal Mail. In Form, Please Use the Description field to Mention our reference Webpage URL which you visited and Describe your problem in detail if possible. We covered your iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 8(Plus), iPhone 7(Plus), iPhone 6S(Plus), iPhone 6(Plus), iPhone SE, SE 2(2020), iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, iPad All Generation, iPad Pro All Models, MacOS Catalina or Earlier MacOS for iMac, Mac Mini, MacBook Pro, WatchOS 6 & Earlier on Apple Watch 5/4/3/2/1, Apple TV. You can also mention iOS/iPadOS/MacOS. To be Continued..
If you’ve iPhone, then you can also try these easy to use Video Player Apps for iOS.
Above all is the trading best MKV players that running with today’s generation and people expect. What MKV Players you would like to use most?
Vlc Media Player For Mac Os Mojave Free
Do you have any other good MKV video player for Mac free? Share it in the comments.