Version 4.5 is a no-cost update for all owners of Studio One version 4. It includes over 70 new features and improvements that benefit both traditional recordists as well as contemporary nonlinear producers, many directly from customer feature requests. Chief among them:
Multi-processing enhancements for virtual instruments.
CPU load for using combined virtual instruments inside a Multi-Instrument has been reduced by a whopping 70% for Native Plug-ins and by around 50% for third-party instruments like Kontakt.
Redesigned Input Channel section
Studio One now features a revamped hardware audio device controller for software control of your PreSonus interface’s gain and polarity controls. And if your interface doesn’t have these controls, you get software gain and polarity control of every Input, anyhow!
Advanced Group management
Studio One Professional 4.5 is the DAW that facilitates flow. It does this by preserving the good things from traditional studio equipment and workflows, and by turning everything else on its head. From its unique single-screen workflow with drag-and-drop functionality to its multitouch support, Studio One is a performance-ready idea machine.
Jul 28, 2019 However, I just noticed Studio One 4.5 Professional dropped in price, so I'm trying to decide between that and REAPER. My cost for Studio One 4.5 Professional would be $200, since I have Artist. REAPER, of course, is $60. Studio One Professional crossgrades are available at a special price from music retailers and direct from PreSonus. You don’t have to take our word for it; watch the accompanying video from professional producers who recently adopted Studio One.
Groups can now be nested, (great for drums) named, colored, and assigned to keyboard shortcuts for enable/disable. Furthermore, groups now have attributes for defining Edit Groups or Mix Groups, including Volume, Pan, Mute/Solo, and more.
I/O Setup options, import and export
Setting up an external audio interface has become a lot easier in Studio One 4.5. You can add any number of new inputs or outputs in a single step and re-order your I/O via drag & drop. You’re also able to import and your export I/O setups—great for mobile collaborators or users with multiple interfaces.
Streamlined Plug-in Manager
Managing huge libraries of plug-ins and virtual instruments in Studio One 4.5 is now faster and easier than ever before. The new Plug-in Manager combines all the tools for managing large systems in one place—hiding duplicate plug-ins or removing individual plug-ins from the blacklist now only takes a few clicks.
Note editing now goes way beyond MIDI
The Note Actions menu has been completely re-designed for fast, intuitive editing and composition, and includes new creative note editing options for Instrument tracks including Randomize, Apply Scale, Mirror, and more.
The Chord Selector now has the much-requested Chord Audition feature, ideal for users who compose by ear.
Event and Track Locks
Individual Audio Events, Audio Parts and Instrument Parts in the Arrangement window can now be locked to prevent unintentional moving or editing. In fact, these locks are independent in the form of Time Lock and Edit Lock, respectively. A complete Lock for Tracks is available as well. No more accidental edits!
Enhanced audio and video format support
You can now export video in various formats with your mixdown embedded. We’ve also added support for variable-bitrate MP3, AAC, and ALAC, as well as mono export.
Studio One 4.5 Price Philippines
The length of this list speaks to just how much Studio One 4 Professional brings to your work on a general level. The best thing, however, is that it doesn’t feel like this many features – a sleek GUI and user-minded workflow help you command all of these features without even realizing it. If you’re switching over from a different DAW, Studio One assists your transition by enabling Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic, or Sonar keyboard shortcuts (or, you can even create your own).
- Start page
- Song page
- Project page (Mastering, DDP, Red Book CD burning, digital release)
- Elegant single-window work environment
- Powerful drag-and-drop functionality
- Native high-DPI and cross-platform multi-touch user interface
- Unlimited audio tracks, MIDI tracks, virtual instruments, and FX channels
- Unlimited buses
- Integrated Melodyne pitch correction
- Single and multitrack comping
- Arranger Track
- Scratch Pads
- New: Chord Track and Harmonic Editing
- Editable Folder Tracks
- Track display list with presets, linkable to console channel display
- Content browser with search, user tabs, connections to the Internet, and Preview Player
- Transient detection with editable markers
- Drag-and-drop groove extraction
- Multitrack MIDI editing
- New: Instrument and Drum Editor
- New: Drum and melodic patterns for pattern-based arranging
- Multitrack Track Transform (advanced freezing capability)
- Event-based effects
- Macro Toolbar (create and use command sequences)
- Automatic latency compensation
- Dropout Protection for native low latency monitoring
- Advanced automation
- VCA faders
- Audio-processing resolution (64-bit)
- Easy sidechain routing
- Stunning virtual instruments (5)
- New: Easy-to-use drag-and-drop live sampler (Sample One XT)
- Import sampler formats (EXS, GigaSampler, Kontakt, SoundFont)
- Multi Instruments
- Channel Editor with macro controls
- Extended FX Chains with parallel processing
- Control Link (most intuitive MIDI-mapping system available)
- Real-time audio time-stretching, resampling, and normalization
- Compatible with any ASIO-, Windows Audio-, or Core Audio-compliant audio interfaces
- Integrated mastering suite with automatic mix updating, DDP import / export, Red Book CD burning, and digital release
- Send Song or individual tracks to Notion (audio + note data)
- Export to SoundCloud
- New: AAF (Advanced Authoring Format) import and export
- Import Song data
- Video playback and sync
- MP3 encoding and decoding
- Third-party plug-in support (AU, VST2, and VST3 plug-ins and ReWire applications)
Studio One 4.5 Update
Studio One 4 Professional brings a grand total of 41 native plugins that help you hit the ground running. The plugins cover all stages of the creative process, from sound design (chorus, guitar amplifier, IR creator etc.) to mixing (EQ, compressor, autopanner, etc.) to mastering (multiband compressor, limiter, level meter, etc.).
- Ampire XT – Guitar amplifier modeler
- Analog Delay – Tape delay emulator
- Arpeggiator – Note FX arpeggiator with pattern sequencer
- Auto Filter – Envelope-controlled filter
- Beat Delay – Tempo-synched delay
- Binaural Pan – Stereo panner and imager
- Bitcrusher – Lo-fi and downsampling processor
- Channel Strip – Compressor / expander / equalizer
- Chorder – Note FX chord processor
- Chorus – Three-voice chorus with stereo width
- Compressor – Full-featured RMS compressor with side-chain
- Console Shaper – Mix Engine FX analog console emulation
- Dual Pan – Independent L/R channel panner
- Expander – Downward expander with sidechain
- Fat Channel XT – Native version of StudioLive Fat Channel
- Flanger – Flanger with tempo sync
- Gate – Noise gate with MIDI trigger output
- Groove Delay – Multi-tap delay with tempo sync and tap filtering
- Input Filter – Note FX filter for velocity and key range
- IR Maker – Impulse response creation utility
- Level Meter – Resizable, multi-scale loudness / level meter
- Limiter – Brickwall peak limiter
- Mixtool – Channel utility
- MixVerb™ – Basic reverb
- Multiband Dynamics – Multiband compressor / expander
- Open AIR – Convolution reverb
- Phaser – Multistage allpass-filter phaser
- Phase Meter – Phase analyzer
- Pipeline – External-processor insert
- Pro EQ – Seven-band parametric equalizer
- RedlightDist™ – Analog distortion emulator
- Repeater – Note FX delay with transpose
- Room Reverb – Room simulator
- Rotor – Rotary speaker emulator
- Scope – Digital oscilloscope
- Spectrum Meter – Spectrum meter
- Tone Generator – Multi-waveform signal generator
- Transformer – Note FX transformer for pitch and controller data
- Tricomp™ – Basic multiband compressor
- Tuner – Chromatic instrument tuner
- X-Trem – Tremolo / autopanner with tempo sync and step sequence modulation
Some of the most exciting features in Studio One 4 Professional are its five top-notch virtual instruments. Encompassing both synthesizers and samplers, the DAW offers limitless avenues for creativity. If you’ve accumulated a virtual instrument catalog in a previous DAW that you’re hesitant to say goodbye to, fear not – Studio One 4 Professional also supports several third-party sampler formats (ex. EXS, Giga, Kontakt).
- Mojito – Monophonic subtractive synthesizer
- Mai Tai – Polyphonic virtual analog synth
- Impact XT (New) – Multichannel drum sampler
- Sample One XT (New) – Drag-and-drop integrated live sampler
- Presence XT – Sample playback instrument
Last but not least, Studio One 4 Professional also offers bundled content from both PreSonus and third-party creators. Some highlights are Melodyne Essential (which seamlessly integrates with the DAW), additional Studio One instruments and libraries, and tons of loops and kits from leading sample providers such as Sample Magic and MVP Loops.
- Melodyne Essential (120 MB)
- Prime Selection Loops and Sounds (785 MB)
- Presence XT Core Library (15 GB)
- Impact XT Core Library (New) (1.8 GB)
- Acoustic Drum Kits and Loops (1.5 GB)
- Producer Loops and Kits (BigFishAudio, Sample Magic, MVP Loops) (3.76 GB)
- Electronic Audioloops (3.17 GB)
- Electronic Kits and Musicloops (294 MB)
- Studio One FX (546 MB)
- Studio One Impulse Responses (1.19 GB)
- Studio One Instruments Vol. 1 (155 MB)
- Studio One Musicloops 1+2 (900 MB)
- Studio One Expansion (39 MB)
- Ueberschall Impact Drums (68 MB)
- Vengeance Sound (880 MB)
- Voodoo One Synth Soundset (900 MB)
November 13, 2018PreSonus
- Try free for 14 days
- No hidden fees or interest
Studio One’s fluid single-screen workflow, creative composition tools, and powerful instruments and effects make it the ideal DAW for getting ideas down and for seeing them through, the way you want to.
Studio One intelligently detects chords in your audio or MIDI tracks and extracts them, then determines the possible chord progressions and guides them for any track you wish. Substitute complex chords for simple chords, simple chords for complex ones, or have old parts follow a new chord structure.
Impact XT is part drum machine, part polyrhythmic playground, and goes beyond any traditional rhythm sequencer setup. Its performance and composition-oriented features, like real-time loop stretching, choke groups, beat quantization, and seamless integration with Patterns, make building complex, evolving beats both easy and enthralling.
Studio One’s pattern editor takes the often too-repetitive and mechanical step-by-step instrument sequencer and humanizes it. This allows you to make your sequences different lengths, expand and compress your patterns, determine the chance that some notes will play, and more. Patterns integrate with Impact XT, so you can see how your drums and melodic parts interact.
Sample instruments, vocals, objects, or anything nearby with the touch of a button. Slice longer samples automatically or manually, stretch timing to match tempo, and add effects. Reverse, re-pitch, or otherwise re-imagine your captured sounds any way you wish.
Studio One Professional now includes Melodyne Essentials, an industry-leading pitch-correction plugin. It’s fully integrated with the DAW, so you can quickly tune vocals and get pro-level pitch-correction without transferring audio or opening a separate plugin.
Studio One 4.5 Price Guide
Test out variations of your song within the same window and make adjustments in the moment.
Studio One doesn’t limit your creativity with a track or bus limit. Use 34 tracks for kicks, just for kicks.
Studio One uses AAF for easy file import and export. Open projects and use keyboard shortcuts from Pro Tools, Logic, and Digital Performer without a hiccup.
“When I opened up Studio One, it was extremely intuitive…I was able to recreate my entire Logic tracking template in Studio One without googling a thing.”
“It's a great DAW for musicians like me because I can effortlessly flow from initial track idea to finished master without it getting in the way of my creativity. It’s incredibly intuitive and a pure joy to use, but is still powerful enough to handle everything I can think of throwing at it.”
Studio One Professional reviews
- Studio One Professional 4.5 is the DAW that facilitates flow. It does this by preserving the good things from traditional studio equipment and workflows, and by turning everything else on its head. From its unique single-screen workflow with drag-and-drop functionality to its multitouch support, Studio One is a performance-ready idea machine. It has unlimited tracks, unlimited automation, unlimited virtual instruments, unlimited busses, and unlimited FX channels, 37 native effects, and built-in virtual instruments, so you can just create.
- Reveal and rearrange chords with Chord Track, route signals like spiderwebs with the modulation matrix, mangle samples musically with SampleOne XT, sequence melodies and drums with Patterns.
- Studio One’s flexible features make it a joy to use, whether you’re making music at home, in the studio, or on the road.
- New features in 4.5 (Released May 21, 2019):
- - Multi-processing enhancements for virtual instruments
- - Redesigned Input Channel section with added controls
- - Groups can now be nested, named, colored & assigned to keyboard shortcuts
- - Add, re-order I/O settings via drag-and-drop. Import & export I/O setups
- - Streamlined plug-in manager
- - Randomize, Apply Scales, Mirror, and more with MIDI Note Actions
- Click here for a detailed description of Studio One Professional 4.5 new features.
- Other features:
- - Real-time sampling and time-stretching
- - Export to SoundCloud
- - Single-screen workflow
- - Drag-and-drop everything
- - Multi-touch interface
- - Easy groove extraction
- - Integrated mastering suite
- - Multitrack MIDI editing
- - Drum and instrument editor
- - Event-based effects
- - Automatic latency compensation
- - Advanced automation
- - VCA faders
- - Extended FX chains with parallel processing
- - Intuitive MIDI mapping
- - Responds to keyboard shortcuts from other DAWs
- - Supports sampler formats (EXS, Kontakt, SoundFont, GigaSampler)
- - 40+ gigs of loops, samples, one-shots, and instruments
- Click here for a complete list of Studio One Professional features.
- For the most up-to-date system requirements and host compatibility details, please visit the manufacturer's website
- Mac OS X 10.11+ (64-bit only)
- Windows 7(SP1+ platform update), Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 (64-bit only)
- 4GB RAM (8GB Recommended), 40GB hard-drive space