A tool for typing Sinhala text using standard QWERTY English keyboard. It allows typing Sinhala in 'Singlish', Could be extended to other languages.
- Sinhala Unicode TypingMaster
- Thushara Sanjeewa Ramasinghe
- Freeware (Free)
Chatura Sinhala English DictionaryFind Sinhala words from EnglishFind English words from SinhalaSinhala Unicode Support.
- Chatura Sinhala EnglishDictionary
- Chatura Dilan
- Freeware (Free)
Unicode Hindi typing tool allows you to type easily in Hindi in a variety of layouts including Phonetic (Type as you speak), Remington (Krutidev), Inscript and Susha. Type in Unicode format in any Windows application like WordPad, etc.
- Publicsoft India
- Shareware ($8.00)
- 205 Kb
- Win98, WinME, WinNT 3.x, WinNT 4.x, WinXP, Windows2000, Windows2003
A complete set of UNICODE classes and controls to turn your VB6 application into an UNICODE machine with very few changes in your code!
- Lorenzi Davide
- Demo ($899.00)
- 3.5 Mb
- Win95, Win98, WinME, WinNT 4.x, WinXP, Windows2000, Windows2003
Convert ANSI PST to Unicode PST with PST Upgrade Tool. PST Conversion software efficiently performs conversion of MS Outlook 2000, 2002 & XP to Outlook 2003 & 2007. PST Upgrader tool to upgrade ANSI PST to Unicode PST.
- PST Upgrade
- Shareware ($49.00)
- 2.54 Mb
- WinXP, Windows2000, Windows2003
ANSI to Unicode format – Convert ANSI PST to Unicode PST very easily with Outlook PST Upgrade tool. Software allows users to convert ANSI to Unicode format or Unicode PST format to ANSI PST format.
- ANSI to Unicode
- Shareware ($49.00)
- 2.79 Mb
- Win2000, Win7 x32, Win98, WinOther, WinServer, WinVista, WinVista x64, WinXP, Other
Unicode Viewer is a small applet used to test your computer's Unicode support and your font's support for particular characters, or as a learning to to explore the Unicode character set. Displays in Courier, TimesRoman, Symbol, Dialog and Helvetica.
- Canadian Mind Products
- Freeware (Free)
- Windows2K, XP, Vista
ThrashIRC is used for online text chat on internet relay chat networks. This unicode irc client displays UTF-8 characters for a wide range of supported languages. It can connect to over 20 irc networks at once. What are irc clients without. ..
Click the Restart Now button to finish the app removal from the computer.I was wondering if this tool could uninstall Little Snitch on Mac completely without leaving remains. Make a double-click and choose the Little Snitch Uninstaller. Open the “LittleSnitch-4.0.5.dmg” file. Uninstall little snitch mac os x. Select Also remove rules and settings and click the Continue button.
- Anthony Thrash Durbin
- Shareware ($12.00)
- 6.05 Mb
- Win7 x32, Win7 x64, WinVista, WinVista x64, WinXP
FUNDAMENTALS UNICODE was designed as a simple, accessible and easy-to-use Delphi / FreePascal unit that is supposed to implement routines and classes for Unicode string handling.Now you can make use of this library ro handle all your Unicode. ..
- David J Butler
- Freeware (Free)
- Windows All
Used to test your computer's Unicode support and your font's support for particular characters, or as a learning to to explore the Unicode character set. Displays in Courier, TimesRoman, Symbol, Dialog and Helvetica. copyright (c) 1996-2008 Nic. ..
- Canadian Mind Products
- Freeware (Free)
- Java, Linux, Mac OS X, Unix, Win2000, Win7 x32, Win7 x64, WinServer, WinVista, WinVista x64, WinXP
OST converter Unicode format support in Outlook 2007-2010 versions is provided by OST converter Unicode tool. So avail this tool also get Free Outlook Email Archive Tool.
- OST Converter Software
- Shareware ($99.00)
- 1.46 Mb
- Win2000, Win7 x32, Win7 x64, Win98, WinOther, WinServer, WinVista, WinVista x64, WinXP
Hindi Unicode Converter is a unique software developed to convert Writing in Devnagari scripts like Hindi, Sanskrit, Marathi etc. written in Susha or Kruti font to Unicode. The converter is capable of processing hundreds of pages at one go.
- WinTech Soft
- Shareware ($34.00)
- 1.34 Mb
- Win2000, Win7 x32, Win7 x64, Win98, WinVista, WinVista x64, WinXP
Most of the characters you need will be in one of your fonts, particularly if you install the very large 40 MB foreign-language updates for OS X. My solution consists of three macros. One enables you to enter any Unicode character you like into a Word document by typing its hexadecimal code into the text. Unicode characters displayed by the major Web browsers; Internet Explorer 5, 5.5 and 6 for Windows; Internet Explorer 3 and 4 for Windows; Netscape 3, 4, 6 and 7 for Windows; Browsers for Mac OS 9; Browsers for Mac OS X; Browsers for Unix and Linux; Firefox; Mozilla; Opera; Editors and Word Processors Mac OS 9; Mac OS X; Unix and Linux; Windows. While OS X also recognizes OpenType layout tables, it uses a different rendering engine (ATSUI), and these fonts are written for Microsoft's engine (called Uniscribe). OSX currently does not offer Sinhala as a part of its international language support; however, a Unicode Sinhala Language Kit may be purchased from. Sinhala Unicode Range Test; Fonts by Platform. Windows Vista+ - Iskoola Potha; Windows XP - The Potha and Dinamina fonts are available in the Beta Sinhala Kit from Microsoft. You can extract just the fonts from the.zip file if desired. Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) - Sinhala MN and Sinhala Sangam MN.
Related:Sinhala Unicode - Free Unicode Sinhala - Sinhala Unicode Helawadana - Sinhala Bible Unicode - Sinhala Unicode Converter
Sinhala language software for computers have been present since the late 1980s (Samanala written in C) but no standard character representation system was put in place which resulted in proprietary character representation systems and fonts. In the wake of this CINTEC (Computer and Information Technology Council of Sri Lanka) introduced Sinhala within the UNICODE (16‑bit character technology) standard. ICTA concluded the work started by CINTEC for approving and standardizing Sinhala Unicode in Sri Lanka.
- CINTEC establishes a committee for the use of Sinhala & Tamil in Computer Technology.
- 'DOS WordPerfect' Reverend Gangodawila Soma Thero, who was the chief incumbent at the Springvale Buddhist temple in Melbourne, Australia asked the Lay members of the temple to produce a Monthly Newsletter for the temple in Sinhala, called 'Bodu Puwath'. A lay person named Jayantha de Silva developed two HP PCL Sinhala fonts called Lihil and an intelligent Phonetic keyboard that was able to select letters based on context, together with a printer driver and screen fonts. All this was possible because the utilities to create the keyboard and printer driver were supplied with WordPerfect. It was easy to use and was installed in many PCs owned by lay members and in the temple PC for typing articles. The program fell into disuse after Windows came online in 1990 as it did not support the WordPerfect macro keyboard.
- 'Super77' First trilingual word processor (DOS based) initially developed at 'Super Bits Computer Systems' katunayake and further improved up to the commercial level at IFS kandy (by Mr. Rohan Manamudali & Sampath Godamunne, under Prof. Cyril Ponnamperuma). Later it was named as 'THIBUS Trilingual Software System' (Windows based).
- 'WadanTharuwa' (means WordStar in Sinhala) developed by the University of Colombo. It was one of the first commercial Sinhala word processing software products. Gives inspiration to a new generation of developers to pursue further innovation in this field.
- True Type Font Set KANDY jointly developed by Niranjan Meegammana and Micheal Gruber as part of project work (German Sri Lankan Co-Operation programme, 1988–1996) to use Sinhala Language in digital navigation charts.
- Sarasavi, also developed by the University of Colombo is a new version of WadanTharuwa, the first Trilingual software of its kind.
- Thibus for Windows developed by Science Land (Pvt) Ltd. The most successful commercial software. Also includes the first Sinhala/English/Tamil dictionary and word by word translation technology. https://web.archive.org/web/20140908005809/http://sciencelandsoftware.com/
- Niranjan Meegammana continuing his work introduced New Kandy and several other windows fonts with Sinhala Word, one of the first Sinhala and Tamil word processors.
- Sri Lanka CD, A Sinhala Encyclopedia like CD on Sri Lanka developed by Niranjan Meegammana using New Kandy fonts.
- Helewadana for Windows developed by Microimage (Pvt) Ltd and Harsha Punasinghe. The most notable competition to Thibus during that time. Provides almost every functionality provided in Thibus.
- Lankdeepa and Virakesari News papers published online by Niranjan Meegammana using Kandy New and Jaffna fonts. Greatly appreciated by Sri Lankan world over as Sinhala Content and communications on internet started with this initiative by ISP Ceycom Global Communications Ltd.
- Sinhala Word developed by Niranjan Meegamanna and becomes popular among the internet users and the font aKandyNew becomes the web standard font. The software supports both Phonetic and Wijesekara keyboards.
- SLS1134/Unicode standards released by CINTEC for the first time.
- http://www.kaputa.com introduced by Niranjan meegammana at e fusion pvt ltd. using Kaputa true type font which superseded Kandy New on web content and email communications opened up a new era of Sinhala content with mass content published by kaputa.com.
- Thibus and Helawadana release the new versions of their successful products. The new versions have the transliteration technology built in. (Very primitive stages of transliteration.)
- Madura English-Sinhala Dictionary developed by Madura Kulatunga is released. The dictionary software is distributed as freeware. However the dictionary database is originally developed and owned by Thibus.
- Siyabasa Sinhala Typing software developed by Dineth chathuranga is released. This one single program is compatible and works with Windows 98 to Windows 7 operating systems.
- Sinhala Text Box developed by Dasith Wijesiriwardena, a light weight word processor which supports publishing web pages to the internet and supports almost all the existing Fonts and Keyboards. Has built in support for transliteration keyboard input in most fonts.  One of the major draw backs being the lack of support for Unicode. Wins best software awards at CSITTS (Peradeniya University) 2003 and in Digital Fusion (APIIT) 2004.
- Tusitha Randunuge and Niranjan Meegammana at e fusion pvt ltd, released Kaputa dot com 2004 font with improved mapping for web content.
- Lanka Linux User Group (LKLUG) introduces Sinhala Unicode in Linux.
- The 'Iskoola Pota' Unicode Sinhala font released by Microsoft.
- Tusitha Randunuge and Nianjan Meegammana at http://www.kaputa.com released Kaputa Unicode Fonts and Keyboard drivers.
Khmer Unicode For Mac
- Formation of Sinhala Unicode Committee standardized Sinhala Keyboards bringing in developers Thibus, Helawadana and e fusion Pvt ltd, Lakehouse, Government Printer, Colombo and Moratuwa Universities, ICTA and SLS policy makers.
- Sinhala Unicode Group a community group founded by Nirnajan Meegammana, starts popularizing use of Sinhala Unicode and provides support and collaboration as a community initiative. This active group helped solving many technical issues and impact taking Sinhala Unicode to masses.
- http://www.gov.lk the first Sinhala Unicode web site developed by Nirnajan Meegammana for Information and Communication Technology Agency (ICTA) at efusion pvt ltd. Inspires the government of Sri Lanka to use Sinhala Unicode in online content.
- Sinhala SP for Windows developed by Native Innovation (Pvt) Ltd is a more complete software solution to its predecessor Sinhala Text Box. Its developer (Dasith Wijesiriwardena) introduces a new IME (Input Method Editor) technology by the name of “FutureSinhala” which acts as a bridge between the proprietary fonts/keyboards and the new Unicode/SLS1134 standard. It fully supports working with and converting Thibus, Helawadana and Kaputa font based documents to SLS1134. It ships with a transliteration scheme that works at the Windows OS level (called 'Singlish') which has advanced support for Sinhala-English and Tamil-English using a QWERTY keyboard. 
- Kaputa Uniwriter is a real time Sinhala Unicode Input System and a trainer introduced by http://www.kaputa.com.
- 'Shilpa Sayura' The first Sinhala Unicode e-Learning system with content for national education developed by Nirnajan Meegammana with a grant form Information and communication Technology Agency to e fusion pvt ltd. Inspires rural telecentres to use Sinhala Unicode in education development. This project received several international awards for innovation of local language for rural education development. Shilpa Sayura used a java script based online Sinhala Input Method supporting Kaputa and Wijeysekara Keyboards.
- Sinhala Input Method Editor developed by SoftDevex (Pvt) Ltd that uses an exciting new input method for typing Sinhalese characters using conventional keyboard.
- In order to provide the instructions on installation of Sinhala Unicode and provide the required software to the users, ICTA with the support of University of Colombo School of Computing (UCSC) established www.fonts.lk. The servers and software for the site was provided free of charge by UCSC. ICTA developed 3 more websites in 2007 in order to extend the support provided by www.fonts.lk in local languages. While www.emadumilihal.lk provides information and software for using Tamil Unicode, http://www.locallanguages.lk provides information and software for using both Sinhala and Tamil Unicode.
- Online edition of Madura English-Sinhala Dictionary website http://www.maduraonline.com launched. This is the first online English-Sinhala dictionary and language translator in Sri Lanka.
- Realtime Singlish (Another transliteration IME) was first released on April 13 of 2009 by Madura A., latest version is 2.0 (at time of editing). The first Sinhala Unicode which has a correct starting 'TNW_Uni' has been developed by Thambaru Wijesekara.
Myanmar Unicode For Mac
- Android app of Madura English-Sinhala Dictionary launched on https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maduraonline Google Play store.
- A Mac OS X dictionary for Sinhalese is made available. Assembled by Bhagya Nirmaan Silva, the dictionary was created with the re-use of work done by Buddhika Siddhisena and Language Technology Research Laboratory of University of Colombo, School of Computing in 2008.
- The first standards compliant Sinhala Keyboard for Apple iOS was created and published by Bhagya Nirmaan Silva. This keyboard featured a copyrighted custom layout that was based on SLS 1134:2004 but was heavily optimised for mobile keyboards.
- Sithara Image viewer'සිත්තරා' is first image viewer with Sinhala supported interface and was first released on March 1 of 2016 has been developed by J A Kasun Buddhika.
- ^'Trilingual Sinhala-Tamil-English National Web Site of Sri Lanka'. Retrieved 2015-04-19.
- ^'Use of Sinhala Unicode in Government - Local Languages'. Retrieved 2015-04-19.
- ^'Sri Lanka ICT USE IN EDUCATION'(PDF). Retrieved 2015-04-19.
- ^'From the Past to the Present: Evolution of Computing in the Sinhala Language'. Retrieved 2015-04-19.
- ^'Siyabasa Sinhala Typing'. Retrieved 2015-04-19.
- ^'Origins of Sinhala Text Box and Singlish'. Retrieved 2020-07-07.
- ^'Live Interview of Dasith Wijesiriwardena about Sinhala SP'. Retrieved 2015-04-19.
- ^'ආයුබෝවන් කපුටා ඩොට් කොම් යුනිකොඩ් පිටුව' [Welcome to Kaputa.com Unicode Page] (in Sinhala). Retrieved 2015-04-19.
- ^'Sinhala Unicode Group'. Retrieved 2015-04-19.
- ^'Sinhala SP'. Retrieved 2007-02-05.
- ^'Kaputa UniWriter - Sinhala Unicode at Work'. Retrieved 2015-04-19.
- ^'Shilpa Sayura - e-SDI Project'. Retrieved 2015-04-19.
- ^'English to Sinhalese Dictionary for Mac OS X Mavericks and Yosemite'. Retrieved 2015-04-19.
- ^'Sinhala for iOS - Appstore'. appstore.com. Retrieved 2015-09-02.