As a senior citizen entering the world of Macs, you can use a few basic things: a guide to prices and uses for various types of Macs and helpful keyboard shortcuts that get you quickly where you want to go. And you can never be too safe, so it pays to know how to avoid potential predators on the Internet.
Macintosh Price and Power Guide
You’re a senior wanting to take a bite out of a nice Apple . . . computer. To help you compare and contrast Macs, the following table lists current Mac models and price ranges and tells you what they’re best suited to do.
- Jan 26, 2017 Book Summary: The title of this book is MacOS Sierra for Seniors and it was written by Studio Visual Steps. This particular edition is in a Paperback format. This books publish date is Jan 26, 2017 and it has a suggested retail price of $24.95. It was published by Visual Steps Publishing and has a total of 312 pages in the book.
- MacOS High Sierra for SENIORS - In this book you will learn how to use basic features, such as accessing the Internet, using email and organizing files and folders in Finder. You will also get acquainted with some of the handy tools and apps included in MacOS High Sierra that.
|Model||Suited For||Price Range||Pros & Cons|
|iMac/iMac Pro desktop||Midrange to power user||$1,099–$4,999||Built-in monitor|
|Mac mini desktop||Entry level to typical home computing||$799–$1099||No monitor, keyboard, or mouse|
|MacBook Air laptop||Entry level to typical home computing||$1,199–$1, 399||Least expensive MacBook|
|MacBook Pro laptop||Midrange to power user||$1,299–$1,799||Most powerful (and heaviest) MacBook|
|Power Mac desktop||Power user||$2,999–$3,999||No monitor, keyboard or mouse|
Top 10 Mac Finder Keyboard Shortcuts
Sep 20, 2016 The new Mac operating system offers more than a name change. MacOS Sierra version 10.12 moves Apple's desktop OS closer to its mobile counterpart, gaining Siri, Apple Pay, and more.
As a senior, you know that your time is valuable. The keyboard shortcuts available on any Mac computer can help you save time, and look like a pro! The following table lists some of the most helpful shortcuts on Apple products.
|Key||What It Does|
|Command+C||Copies selected items|
|Command+T||Opens a new tab|
|Command+I||Shows information for selected items|
|Command+N||Opens a new Finder window|
|Command+O||Opens (or launches) the selected item|
|Command+V||Pastes an item from the Clipboard|
|Command+X||Cuts the selected items|
|Command+Z||Undoes the last action (if possible)|
|Command+Shift+H||Opens your Home folder|
|Command+Shift+Q||Logs you out|
Top 10 Internet Security Tips
The tips in the following list are worth following whether you’re a junior, a senior, a Mac user, or a PC person. The Internet is full of wondrous sites, but it’s also full of unsavory characters you need to guard against. Use the tips here as a guideline to things you should never do and use your own common sense as well.
- Never enter personal information in an email message when you don’t know the recipient.
- Never enter personal information on a website provided as a link in an email message.
- Never include personal information in an Internet forum, a discussion group, or newsgroup message.
- Never use the same password for all your electronic business.
- Never divulge personal information to others over an instant message connection.
- Never use your MacBook on the road without turning on your Catalina firewall.
- Never buy from an online store that doesn’t offer a secure, encrypted connection when you’re prompted for your personal information and credit card number.
- Never download a file from a site you don’t trust.
- Never allow young children to use the Internet without guidance and supervision.
You can upgrade to macOS Sierra from OS X Lion or later on any of the following Mac models. Your Mac also needs at least 2GB of memory and 8.8GB of available storage space.
Auto tuning ota antenna. Your antenna has sufficient range – this is going to be another important piece of the puzzle to ensure you are able to pull in the appropriate over-the-air (OTA) signals in your area. Ensure proper noise mitigation – A noise margin greater than 0 is required at your tuner to display a channel on your TV set.
MacBook introduced in late 2009 or later
MacBook Air introduced in late 2010 or later
MacBook Pro introduced in mid 2010 or later
Mac mini introduced in mid 2010 or later
iMac introduced in late 2009 or later
Mac Pro introduced in mid 2010 or later
To find your Mac model, memory, storage space, and macOS version, choose About This Mac from the Apple menu . If your Mac isn't compatible with macOS Sierra, the installer will let you know.
Make a backup
Before installing any upgrade, it’s a good idea to back up your Mac. Time Machine makes it simple, and other backup methods are also available. Learn how to back up your Mac.
It takes time to download and install macOS, so make sure that you have a reliable Internet connection. If you're using a Mac notebook computer, plug it into AC power.
Download macOS Sierra
For the strongest security and latest features, find out whether you can upgrade to macOS Catalina, the latest version of the Mac operating system.
Automates file management: Hazel for Mac offers a rich set of functions that make file management a breeze. It can sort downloads, automatically move files to specific folders or export them to iPhoto and iTunes based on predefined rules, resize images to manageable sizes, run scripts (including AppleScript), and manage your trash by partially. Free hazel clone mac. How To Use Hazel To Save Time, Automate Your Mac, And Get Rid Of Repetitive Tasks. By Brooks Duncan 11 comments. When we do an internal poll of the Asian Efficiency team or ask our Dojo community for their favorite Mac apps to be productive, there is one that is always near the top of the list: Hazel. It is one of our key applications to free up time, eliminate annoying manual tasks, and to.
If you still need macOS Sierra, use this link: Download macOS Sierra. A file named InstallOS.dmg will download to your Mac.
Install the macOS installer
Double-click the downloaded file to open a window showing its contents. Then double-click the file within, named InstallOS.pkg.
Follow the onscreen instructions, which will guide you through the steps necessary to install.
After installation of the installer is complete, open the Applications folder on your Mac, then double-click the file named Install macOS Sierra.
Click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions. You might find it easiest to begin installation in the evening so that it can complete overnight, if needed.
Mac Os Sierra Review
Allow installation to complete
Please allow installation to complete without putting your Mac to sleep or closing its lid. Your Mac might restart, show a progress bar, or show a blank screen several times as it installs both macOS and related updates to your Mac firmware.
Download Mac Os High Sierra
Free Download Mac Os Sierra
- If you have hardware or software that isn't compatible with macOS Sierra, you might be able to install the previous version, OS X El Capitan.
- macOS Sierra won't install on top of a later version of macOS, but you can erase your disk first or install on another disk.
- You can use macOS Recovery to reinstall macOS.